Southern Tier East, NYSAFCSE
For more information about this region, please contact: Kelly Rooney or Teresa Steflik
Kelly Rooney, Harpursville CSD
Harpursville Jr/Sr. High School, 54 Main Street, Harpursville, NY 13787
Susquehanna Valley CSD
RTS Middle School
1040 Conklin Rd
Conklin, NY 13748
(607) 775-9129 ext. 4
Our organization has over 700 members statewide!
We need even more members so we can remain strong as an area and as a profession! Here are reasons why you should pay your dues and join NYSAFCSE:
- Monday Memos and pertinent information all FACS teachers should know
- Area meetings with networking and curriculum development opportunities
- State updates and current information on how to keep FACS going strong
- and much, much more!
Save the Date!
“FCCLA/FCS Bootcamp: FCS Ramp it UP!”
NYS Statewide Professional Development Event (FCCLA & NYSAFCSE)
July 25-26, 2017 (Tuesday & Wednesday)
SUNY Oneonta, Morris Conference Center, Oneonta, NY 13820
Registration information coming soon!
Donations are needed for the following items:
- Raffle Basket (supports the Scholarship fund) items - our area contributes a raffle basket for the event (consider donating an item for this basket). Contact Teresa Steflik if you are able to help out. Items can be brought to the spring Area meeting.
- Community Action project (Washcloth Hygiene project) - donations are needed of hotel sized/travel sized hygiene products as well as washcloths. Here is a link with more information of items needed to be brought to the PD event at SUNY Oneonta: https://goo.gl/QTDMLO
Presenters for the PD event are also needed ASAP! Application form can be found here: http://www.nysafcse.org/Events/FCCLA-FCS-Boot-Camp
The Southern Tier East area is going to have a meeting this spring (late May or early June). There is new information regarding the Emergency Action taken by the Board of Regents affecting our Middle Level Mandates for FACS, as well as updates regarding the Home & Career Skills curriculum guide.