- Canva aims to train both designers and non-designers to come up with cool and creative designs – also provides tutorials
- Creately will let you create style smart shapes, diagrams, connectors, and more to gather information in one compact space. Fee based
A free tool with drag and drop interface - includes “themes” to get you started.
- Gliffy lets you whip up flowcharts, floor plans, and technical renderings with ease. Create digital visualizations by dragging and dropping shapes/lines/objects from the library and transforming words into graphs.
– A tool which allows you to create interactive online posters complete with text, images, graphics, audio and videos. Fee based – school licenses available.
- Google Charts is a free solution with all kinds of charts, maps, bars, and statistical goodies from which to choose.
- One of the simplest tools, Infogr.am lets you import data right into the site and then translate it all into useful visualizations.
- A great way to visualize just about anything. You can drag and drop your way to visual success by using themes and other ready-made tools.
– A fun and powerful photo editor that lets you quickly crop, rotate, and fine-tune any picture.
- It lets you easily create infographics and other data visualizations, and it lets you track the analytics of those viewing your infographic.
Web 2.0 Cool Tools for Schools- includes many "cool tools"
Decisions about ParentHood
The Science of Cookie Baking
(Just type in FCS on the explore tab and see what others have created!)
Sites for Puzzles and Games
Crossword Puzzle Maker
Crossword Puzzle Maker II
- flashcard and jeoparyd online tool
- Already have a presentation? Use this tool to upload your PowerPoint or Keynote slides (and Adobe PDF Portfolios and SMART Board presentations) and share them.
- Break out of the box! Prezi.com throws the slide-show model out the window and presents a giant canvas instead. (It also throws paint brushes out the window in favor of bubbles.)
- Turn your photos and videos into wow! Animoto quickly produces beautifully orchestrated, completely unique video pieces from your photos, videos clips and music. Fast, free and very easy.
- "Poster yourself" with multimedia
- Digital collage tools for schools
- This easy, fun and free site allows you to create slideshows with built in polls and quizzes.
- Make-your-own comic
- Convert anything to anything (audio, video, text, etc.)
-Easily publish custom comic strips
–Fantastic timeline visualization tool to understand history.
Time Line Generator
- Free site to use for a quick timeline. Drawback? Only allows for 5 dates.
- easily create online presentations, animations, banners, infographics and other rich visual content free in your browser.
-The top real-time document creating and editing cloud-based system.
-Make your own website while knowing nothing about websites!
- A unique way to view the news
- View anywhere in the world anytime
Blogs and Wikis
-Crowd sourcing at its finest. Like Wikipedia, Wikispaces is very helpful
-Despite a new cost-based membership program, Ning allows you to have your own social network
- Thousands of educational wikis and workspaces (build your own!)
-Content publishing system. It’s gone way beyond just blogging.
- Learning management, online education tools, and much more
- free web site creation but can use for presentations
-Social learning environment and one of the best ways to teach with tech
-The micro blogging service that many love or hate.
- offers 25 gigs of storage in the cloud. (as of the end of April they are now charging for this)
-online document management
- greate site to create student OR PROFESSIONAL portfolios! (Binders for APPRS?)
Zoho - online document management.
-A great alternative to Google Apps
- Use instead of power point. This is the freebie version of MS Office.
- Web-based word processor
- back-up and store your files on line
- upload files up to 500MB in size for free, shared files kept for 60 days
- supercool organizer/brainstormer.
- visual organizer to store ideas
-Popular social bookmarking site
-One of the top social bookmarking sites on the web.
(These should be used instead of personal pictures online)
Build Your Wild Self
Blabberize - make a picture of your favorite chef come to life!
Voki -speaking avatars
Bitmoji -Make and share your own avatars with thousands of others.
Xtranormal.com- Create movies with talking avatars
Reasonably Cleaver Avitar Maker
Future Me - students can write a letter to themselves onthe site and have it delivered to their email address at a date in the future.
Storyjumper- Easy way to create your own stories for kids and bring them to life
GoAnimate for schools- State of the art animation tools for schools
Myebook-Virtually publish your book and sell it.
ReadWriteThink- Tons of classroom resources and PD goodies
Storybird- Build your own stories (with images) and share them with others
Word Magnets-Phonics reinforcement and sentence building exercise
bubbl.us- the free version of Inspiration. Great for brainstorming.
Popplet-An easy way to share visual ideas.
Museum Box- Put items in a virtual box to describe your life
Wordle- Text visualizer
Tagxedo - like wordle only better! You can make shapes with your wordle.
Fodey- Create your own news article and see if the kids can tell the difference between opinion and fact.
Inkle Writer- This is an interactive storybook site with no need for an account. Plus you can publish the "book" to Kindle, I-Book or web-based.
Picture Trail- Biggest slideshow selection on the web
Mixbooks- Create photo books online
Piclits - inspired picture writing
Photovisi- Scrapbook creator
Voice Thread- allows for multimedia slideshows.
BibMe- an easy tool to help make bibliographies. Another tool is
Visuwords -lets you map concepts having to do with words. You could use this to map preparation terms in recipes, teach the meaning of general to specific.
DoInk- Create animations using this simple website.
Scratch- Create and share stories, games, art, etc.
EDPuzzle - Take a video and make it your own lesson by editing, cropping, and adding your own questions
Visualize.me - web tool to create on line resumes
Flip Book - This online tool allows students to type and illustrate tabbed flip books up to ten pages long.
Resume Generator - takes students through the process of creating a resume one step at a time.
Wallwisher-An online notice board maker (or bulletin board if you choose)
Flickr-Popular photo-sharing site now lets you print.
SmartKiddies- Creative math and other educational problems to help everyone learn.
PollEverywhere.com- Create real-time survey experiences at events using your mobile device. It's fun, fast and an easy way to get live responses in any venue.
Smilebox- Online scrapbooking & slideshows
WiZiQ- Share slides, whiteboards & more FACS Prezi
"IQ Test Prep" and "Wechsler IQ Test"