2016 New York State Association of Family and Consumer Science Educators (NYSAFCSE) Teacher of the Year: Tracy Henry
Teacher of the Year (TOY)
Given to a current member of NYSAFCSE, recognizing excellence in the classroom and in the profession.
- Only one nominee per area.
- Official nomination form only, must be submitted by the Area Coordinator.
- Awarded annually.
- TOY Award Documents may be copied for use.
Promising New Professional Award
Given to a current member with less than 8 years of experience teaching Family & Consumer Science, recognizing excellence in the classroom.
FCCLA Advisor Award
Recognizes an individual who has made a significant contribution as an advisor to Family, Community and Career Leaders of America (FCCLA) and as a member of NYSAFCSE.
Given to a current member of NYSAFCSE for outstanding contributions to the profession made as a retiree
Ellen Swallow Richards Award
Given to a non-member who has made an outstanding contribution to the field of Family and Consumer Sciences in New York State.
Distinguished Service Award
Awarded to a member of NYSAFCSE who has made an outstanding contribution to the professional organization.
- Any member of NYSAFCSE may nominate someone for this award, with no limit per area
- May be awarded annually at the local level
- Distinguished Service Award Documents may be copied for use.
Excellence in Family & Consumer Sciences Award
Given to students
of Family and Consumer Sciences Educators.
- Area coordinators obtain certificates from Awards Chairperson at the Spring Board meeting for their local area members.
- The secretary of NYSAFCSE will send a letter of congratulations, in the name of the president, to the student recipient.
- May only be given to students of a NYSAFCSE member.
- Awarded annually by local area members (1 award per member).
Excellence in Family and Consumer Science Certificate for Students
The Association offers up to two scholarships to student member who are college juniors and/or seniors majoring in any one or more of the many disciplines of Family and Consumer Sciences, or to graduate students who are majoring in Family and Consumer Sciences, or a certified Family and Consumer Sciences teacher working towards permanent certification (does not have to be a Master's degree in FACS). $750.00 will be allocated to each scholarship winner.
To be considered for the State Awards, all award nominations MUST be postmarked by no later than April 1st.