The mission of Family & Consumer Sciences Education is to prepare students for family life, work life, and careers in Family & Consumer Sciences by providing opportunities to develop the knowledge, skills, attitudes, and behaviors needed for:
- Strengthening the well-being of individuals and families across the life span
- Becoming responsible citizens and leaders in family, community, and work settings
- Promoting optimal nutrition and wellness across the life span
- Managing resources to meet the material needs of individuals and families
- Balancing personal, home, family, and work lives
- Using critical and creative thinking skills to address problems in diverse family, community, and work environments
- Successful life management, employment, and career development
- Functioning effectively as providers and consumers of goods and services
Appreciating human worth and accepting responsibility for one’s actions and successes in family and work life.
AWARDS, AWARDS, AWARDS! Please Read!
Teacher of the Year, Promising New Professional, Distinguished Service, FCCLA Advisor of the Year, Orchid Award, & Ellen Swallow Richards Award!
NYSAFCSE Local Area and State Awards... DUE DATE EXTENSION! Due to multiple factors, the award application due dates have been extended! Please consider these when completing the applications which are now located only on the NYSAFCSE website and must be completed electronically.
1. ALL Applications to be completed and area coordinator notified by Monday, April 9th.
2. ALL Area award winners sent to state awards chairperson (Sheryl Rockcastle Garofano) by April 30th for official certificates.
3. Award certificates will be mailed to area coordinators by May 7th (unless otherwise requested).
4. All area winner applications must be forwarded electronically to state awards chairperson (for state award consideration) by June 30th.
Questions? Please feel free to contact Sheryl Garofano (state awards chairperson) by email at email@example.com